Monday, February 9, 2009

Entry written on the plane...

Right now we’re flying over Russia. We were sent on a Russian terrorist scouting mission by Sarah Palin. She, of course, is too busy creating jobs from her banana phone in her igloo and building bridges from her hometown of Wasila (population: -3) to anywhere and everywhere that matters (population: -23452342).

Anyways, we got to the airport four hours before our flight and all my friends and I were able to get seats right next to each other. The plane is your typical ocean-crossing jumbo jet I guess and has two seats on one side, an aisle, four more seats, another aisle, and then two more seats. We got the four seats in the middle. We’re flying with China Eastern Airlines, a Chinese carrier, and so far it’s been a pretty good flight. I heard on all Asian airlines the flight attendants have to be tall and good-looking and from what I can see it’s pretty much true. The service is decent also. Our flight is probably only a little more than half full so there seems to be a higher ratio of flight attendants to passengers. Just a few hours ago I pressed the flight attendant button and BOOM one was there. Pretty cool.

Oh WAIT! Is our plane making its initial descend?!?!? Oh my bad, its just the drinking age going down to EIGHTEEN! LAAlaalalalLAalalalaa. Carlos, Tiffany, and I all ordered wine and guess what?! We got it! Hehe.

Tiffany: Can I have some red wine please?
Flight Attendant: WHITE?!?!?!?
Tiffany: Okay (defeated look)

Anyways, I have this thing where I cannot sleep on planes. It just doesn’t happen. I can be a walking zombie before the flight but once I get on the plane I seem to instantly wake up. If I could just bottle whatever chemical reaction that goes on in my body that causes this and sell it to college students I would make millions. Actually billions. I’d call it “Justin’s Jacked up Juice.” Red Bull better watch itself!

Soooooo, back to my sleeping problem…to remedy this sleeping situation that I knew would occur, I bought sleeping pills at Wal-Mart right before I left. I’ve never taken them before and I was always a little apprehensive because you always hear about people committing suicide by overdosing on them but I thought I would give them a try. Worked like a charm! Knocked me out for the first 7 hours of the flight! Success! :)

Oh and I have this other strange thing about me. I wake up whenever I smell food, hear food being made, or basically whenever there might be food available for me to eat (I find the smell of bacon to be most effective). Maybe I get it from my Mom. She loves to eat too. So even though I was in the middle of my sleeping pill induced slumber, the minute the flight attendants hit the aisles with those wonderfully filled carts of questionable airplane food I was wide awake. We had the choice of either pork with noodles or fish over rice. Both entrees came with a series of little side dishes. To be honest, the food wasn’t too bad. I was surprised.

After the meal, I fell asleep again for another few hours, which brings us to where I am now. I woke up a few minutes ago to the sounds and smells of the flight attendants preparing our next meal (we are sitting in the fifth aisle of coach pretty close to where all the flight attendants do their meal preparation). And surprisingly enough, I slept through the majority of the fifteen hour flight! According to the TV screen in the plane, we are only two hours and forty-six minutes away from SHANGHAI! Yayyyyayyyyyyy!!

Oh and I just remembered that they passed out sandwiches and drinks right after we took off also! Mmmmm, what a great way to start a flight, WITH A SANDWICH!

Ugh. Hopefully they bring out the food soon. I’m starving.

No comments:

Post a Comment